What is ACITES?
The Atmospheric Chemistry In The Earth System Network has been funded by the Natural Environment Research Council to bring together the atmospheric chemistry process community and the Earth system modelling community.
The Network is funding:
- PDRA posts to investigate specific science topics. One of these will be at the University of Lancaster to investigate depositional processes and one of these will be at the University of Edinburgh to investigate transport processes
- Network general meetings to bring together the two communities in discussion and collaboration
- A number of focused science meetings to discuss the state of the science in atmospheric chemistry and potential interactions on with the Earth system
- Technical meetings to discuss non-science technical issues with atmospheric chemistry in the Earth system
- Workshops on how to use the current atmospheric chemistry in the UK ESM
- Emerging scientists network