By the end of the course users should feel comfortable running standard UM configurations, and making basic suite changes. In particular users will learn how to:
- Set up their environment in order to run the UM.
- Run a basic suite; and a more complex global climate (GA7) suite.
- Work with Rose/cylc tools: Rosie for suite discovery, Rose suite editor, cylc GUI for managing running suite, and Rose-bush for viewing log files.
- Make typical suite changes such as the run length, input files, output diagnostics, and scientific settings.
- Diagnose and overcome common errors.
- Find output data and log files.
- Analyse UM data files using common tools.
- Find further information.
|About the Programme||Course Costs|