Specific Project Objectives
- To make upper air soundings and profile measurements of wind, temperature, humidity, aerosol backscatter, and visibility at King Edward Point.
- To produce a local area forecast model for the King Edward Sound, and of the South Georgia region.
- To provide a data set and analyse and simulate hazardous weather for aircraft and surgace vessels.
- To provide a limited climatology for the site.
- To produce a brief report for the SG government, and to make recommendations for future developments.
- To re-establish South Georgia as a base for atmospheric research.