Education and Training
NCAS education and training aims to provide informative, cutting edge and timely courses, information and advice.
NCAS supports the training and development of research students and researchers new to the field through its programme of summer schools. NCAS currently runs several summer schools for research students and researchers who are new to the particular area;
- NCAS Introduction to Atmospheric Science
- NCAS Atmospheric Measurement Summer School - Isle of Arran, Scotland
- NCAS Introduction to Scientific Computing
- NCAS Climate Modelling Summer School
- NCAS Introduction to the UKCA
- NCAS Introduction the to Unified Model
- NCAS-NCAR WRF users tutorial - five day course covering the fundamentals of the WRF model.
Training for Users of Computational Models
NCAS Computational Modelling Services (CMS) supports users of complex atmospheric numerical models.
Getting Started with Public Engagement - a one-day free-to-attend public engagement training course.
Keen to engage the public with your research but not sure where to begin?
Application deadline: Wednesday 18th January 2017 at 5pm - APPLY NOW
Course date: Friday 27th January 2017
Location: University of Leeds