Doctoral Training Partnerships (DTPs)
Training the next generation of atmospheric scientists is priority for NCAS, and we are partners in 9 of the NERC Doctoral Training Partnerships (DTPs) providing world leading training and expertise in the field of atmospheric science. Each year these DTPs offer ~100 studentships in atmospheric science.
These studentships are suitable for students with a range of background from biology to physics, from maths to chemistry and from environmental science to computer science. Students get to work with NCAS' world class facilities like our supercomputers, research aircraft, radars and with our internationally recognised staff.
If you are interested in doing your PhD in atmospheric science look at the DTPs listed below. Most of these have closing dates towards the end of January or the beginning of February. To find out about projects and to apply for a place please visit the websites listed below.
- Cambridge Earth System Science - Cambridge University. http://essdtp.esc.cam.ac.uk/
- E3 - Edinburgh University. http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/geosciences/postgraduate/phd/e3
- Science and Solutions for a Changing Planet - Imperial College London http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/changingplanet
- Envision - Lancaster University - http://www.envision-dtp.org/
- Site for PhD Training in Environmental Research (SPHERES) - The Universities of Leeds and York. http://www.nercdtp.leeds.ac.uk/
- DTP in Environmental Research - Oxford University. http://www.environmental-research.ox.ac.uk/
- SCENARIO - Postgraduate centre in the SCience of the Environment: Natural and Anthropogenic pRocesses, Impacts and Opportunities - Reading University. http://www.met.reading.ac.uk/nercdtp/home/
- EnvEast - University of East Anglia https://www.uea.ac.uk/science/graduate-school/prospective-students/enveast-nerc-doctoral-training-partnership
- Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean (EAO) - Universities of Manchester and Liverpool. http://www.liv.ac.uk/studentships-earth-atmosphere-ocean/