Computational Modelling Services
NCAS coordinates its activities in support of computational science (particularly High Performance Computing - HPC and modelling) within a unit called the Computational Modelling Services (CMS). CMS provides computational modelling services and key underpinning infrastructure for the UK academic atmospheric and polar science community to support numerical modelling in climate, weather, and earth-system research.
- Managing CPU and storage allocations on the national services (ARCHER, MONSooN, JASMIN and the Research Data Facility).
- Supporting NERC and EPSRC on HPC through delivery partners: EPCC and STFC.
- Training new users through hands-on modelling workshops.
- Bug fixing and issue management via a helpdesk service.
- Strategic and funded project work.
- Hosting code repositories and supporting workflow management tools for model runs.
- Tools and utilities for manipulating and visualising common atmospheric data formats.
For further information on the services we provide and how to access them please visit the CMS website.