Field Measurement Course Overall Learning Outcomes
To equip students with the skills and knowledge to be able to
- Effectively participate in field work projects - including how to manage time, resources and expectations;
- Design and execute their own field work experiments;
- Collect appropriate data and supporting meta-data;
- Analyse data and understand the appropriate errors;
- Work effectively in a team.
The timetable below provides a general overview of the structure of the course and details of the Learning Outcomes of the planned activities.
|Morning||Introduction to Project Activity||Weather Lecture and Forecast|
|Fieldwork activity Goat Fell Walk||Final talk preparation||Depart|
|Introduction to Basic Errors||Introduction to Atmospheric Errors|
|Radiosonde Launch||Final talks|
Introduction to the course.
|Introduction to Weather Forecasting||Radiosonde Activity||Free time/pack up|
|Introduction to Handheld Met Equipment|
|Introduction to Communications Activity|
|Evening||Welcome activity||Data management workshop||Data management workshop||Student talks and weather forecasts||Course Dinner|
|Welcome Drinks||Free time||Free time||Free time|
|About the Programme||Course Costs|