Vision and Mission
NCAS Vision - To be an internationally leading centre for atmospheric science research.
NCAS Mission - To pursue internationally excellent research in atmospheric science, and to provide national capability and leadership to the UK atmospheric science community.
NCAS exists to:
- advance knowledge of the Earth's atmosphere by undertaking fundamental, strategic and directed research;
- provide leadership, facilitation, coordination and management for the atmospheric science research community;
- provide the Natural Environment Research Council and UK academic communities with national capability in atmospheric science, including:
- developing and applying advanced technology for observing and modelling the Earth's atmosphere;
- undertaking long term monitoring and strategic observation of the Earth's atmosphere in order to detect environmental change and to improve climate and weather predictions on all time-scales;
- securing, enabling access to and promoting exploitation of atmospheric data for the benefit of researchers, government and the public;
- promote education and professional development of atmospheric scientists;
- enable and promote knowledge exchange, public awareness, enterprise and provision of expert advice to government and industry in atmospheric science.